It’s Friday and time to join up with other
Catholic bloggers at Conversion Diary for 7 Quick Takes Friday
- This week I have been writing on the hilarious chaos raising nine kids. So I will give you a few snippets of MEMORIES – the joy of raising a large family.
Large families are hilarious. and their homes even more so.
- First picture a large, 1886, quaint house with all sorts of quirks. A window became a doorway to a hundred year old addition. It must have been some one with an odd sense of humour who cut a 4 ft 10 inch doorway to the baby room into the low wall with a slanting roof. (In the pitch dark, I banged my forehead against that door frame every night for the first month when I walked into the baby’s room at 2:00 am.) Three sets of steps converge on the upstairs landing.
- We welcome all sorts of kids and people to our house because who invites a family of 11 for dinner! We love kids, animals and plants. We will even love you but watch out, do not trip over the dog and please, edge around that blanket fort. It took an hour to make yesterday!
- The decorating theme is early childhood art and it is everywhere. Too many plants add to the sense of colour and an eclectic combination of furniture is very comfortable. Generations of former owner, who were all full-time farmers, believed in 4 inch spikes for building barns as well as hanging pictures.
- You would think having nine children would turn you into a frazzled wreck with a figure like the Pillsbury Dough-boy and a brain gone to mush. People look at me, their eyebrows shoot up, their mouths drop open and they sputter, ”YOU had 9 children??
- This is because I am 5’ 1” and weigh 104 lbs. I was pregnant or nursing for 17 years without a break. I have been pregnant 10 times and I am healthy and happy and I have my BBB back. (That would be my Before Babies Body). I did not diet. 5 DAYS before ovulation I can conceive..almost unheard of.