7QT: Are You an Octopus Parent?
7 Quick Takes Friday with Jenny at Conversion Diary
- A major pitfall facing all committed Christian mothers, especially a home school mum is letting go of control of our children’s spirituality and inner healing so that Christ has a chance to save, heal, and sanctify them. Over zealous mothers get in God’s way. Trust me. I know from experience
- When my family was still young and I had only 7 kids from 12 years old to newborn, I earnestly strove to raise Catholic kids. Yet God showed me that all my effort was actually hindering His Spirit from working in their lives. My anxiety and control acted like a barrier, a fortress around my children because I was acting like their saviour. I was in fact stealing God’s job.
- When I did not take subtle hints, the Lord gave me an inner image that symbolized what I was actually doing by refusing to hand over control to God. First I saw an ocean and a tiny black dot in the water. Slowly the image grew larger till I was face to face with a huge octopus.
- The scene switched and now 7 tentacles wrapped around each of my children with my husband in the eighth. All of them were grey, limp almost lifeless. The Jesus appeared in a blaze of light. Brandishing a sword, The Lord severed each tentacle one by one. As soon as each child was set free, they began dancing and laughing in the sunshine.
- When all seven were set free we sat on the ground , surrounding my husband who was also wrapped tightly by the remaining thick tentacle. All of us were weeping, desperately pulling and tugging at his his bindings but to no avail. Suddenly, Jesus stood at his feet and in a flash of the sword of truth, my husband was released and came back to life.
- I was the octopus.
Tagged with: Catholicism
, surrender children to the lord
, surrender to God
Posted in Catholic